Monday, July 10, 2006

Losing Weight with PCOS

I just read this on a medical website:


"If you have PCOS you might need to lose weight"


I think they meant that not everybody with PCOS is overweight, but when I read it I just laughed and thought "no kidding"! A lot of us with PCOS are overweight but losing it isn't always easy, in fact it's an ongoing battle. Yes, symptoms improve with weight-loss but one of the symptoms is that it is harder to lose weight - a catch-22!


Be well,


Lisa x


technorati tags:, , , ,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so what is the secret? I am sure i have tried nearly every diet on the market but they never seem to help after the first initial water etc loss. Help! I would say that i am pulling my hair out but its thin enough as it is....

Lisa said...

I wish I could give you a definitive answer, but I think we are all different even within our journey with PCOS. I will try and post more resources on the blog, but also check out my newsletter - sign up at http://www.pcosmatters.com.

Lisa x

Anonymous said...

Well Nat I don't think that there is a secret I really do belive that it is important to keep your eye on the goal and lose the weight the old fashion way and that is to sweat it off and move that a**!! I was diagnosed 2 months ago and have lost 25lbs already and i am thrilled!! I do the MetforminXR 500mg 3 times a day and it seems to be working I know it is;nt easy but having yourself in a certain mind set helps!~C~